Showing posts with label age limit. Show all posts
Showing posts with label age limit. Show all posts

December 27, 2017

Delhi Nursery Admission 2018-19: Neighborhood gets max points....

As per the Directorate of Education, Delhi Nursery Admissions for the academic year 2018-19 would start from today, December 27. As per the official notification, the schools are to upload the nursery admission criteria on their official website by today. Parents would be allowed to check the point base criteria on the school website and apply on the website. The applications for Delhi Nursery Admissions 2018 would start from December 27, 2017, and end on January 17, 2018. Almost all the top schools in the city have listed neighborhood as the top criteria with a maximum number of points, with many schools giving 40-60 points for the proximity to the school. The second largest criteria seem to be a sibling in the school, which would help you with about 27 - 30 points.

The top criteria in the point based system include alumni, girl child, single parent. with own transport, two generation alumni apart from neighborhood and siblings. There are separate points if the child is eldest, second or third child. Also, if a child knows a 4th language and can read, write or speak, he or she would be granted additional points by Sardar Patel Vidyalaya. Delhi Public Schools would give you points if both the parents are alumni of the school while Modern Vasant Vihar is offering additional points if three or more generation alumni from the school are part of the child's family - following the trend with most of the private/ Ivy League institutions in the west. 

Not all is questionable though. Some schools have extended their points system to include additional 5 - 10 points for children with special needs and disability. Some schools have even added points for children with disabled parents. Girl Child has also gotten an extra push with many schools awarding 5 to 10 points for the girl child. Kids of the staff would also get additional points in Tagore International Schools. 

Please note that this year, in spite of the suggestion, there is no upper age limit for nursery admissions. Schools have, however, been directed to have a minimum age limit of 3, 4 and 5 for admissions to nursery, kindergarten and class1 respectively. The details of the application would be released by February 1, 2018, and the first allotment list by February 15. Please note, this year, about 7 days would be given to parents for grievance redress as opposed to the 2 days given in 2017 admissions. 

All interested in applying for nursery admissions are informed that as per the High Court ruling, parents' habits, educational qualification and ethnicity cannot be considered as criteria. The complete list of criteria which cannot be included is available online. However, minority institutions are allowed to add various criteria regarding parent's eating and drinking habits. Also note, all schools are required to conduct the allotment by means of a draw of lots which would be done in presence of the parents. The draw of lots is also mandated by DoE to be video graphed


December 21, 2017

Nursery Admissions Delhi 2018-19 - Important things to know before applying

The Directorate of Education (DoE) has announced that nursery admission process in 1,700 various schools in the city, for 75 per cent of the seats, will begin next week on December 27. For the remaining 25 per cent seats, reserved for students belonging to the Economically Weaker Section/ Disadvantaged (EWS/DG) category, the admission will be conducted centrally by the government. The application form for the same will be available till December 17.

The first list will be uploaded on February 15.

Documents valid as proof of address

Some of indicative documents which can be considered as proof of residence of parents/child;
(a) Ration Card/Smart Card Issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having name of child).
(b) Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
(c) Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
(d) Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
(e) Aadhaar Card/UID card issued in the name of any of the parents.

Age limit
There is no upper age limit to be followed this year. Lower age limit for admission to Pre-school(Nursery), Pre-Primary(KG) and Class-l, shall be three years, four years and five years respectively by 31st March of the year in which admission is being sought in accordance with DoE order

No oral test or interviews

Point system

The nursery admissions take place through a point system. All the Private Unaided Recognized Schools shall upload their criteria adopted (including points for each criterion) for admission under Open Seats at Entry Level Classes (Other than EWS/DG category scats) for the academic session 2018-19 on website The said information must be uploaded by 26/12/2017.